Latest news – updates Japan earthquake today:
• Nearly 10,000 people may have been killed in Miyagi prefecture, a law enforcement official there’s stated to broadcaster NHK. Miyagi had been the region worst-hit by the double tragedy. The previous estimate of the loss of life toll had been close to 1,800, even though authorities had believed they were not able to stay in touch with appr. 9,500 individuals around the devastated town of Minamisanriku.
• Japan continues to be having difficulties to stop the turmoil at a couple of nuclear power plants damaged on Friday’s significant earthquake and tsunami. The critical cooling system has broken down on one more reactor.
• As many as 190 people may have been exposed to radiation. Potentially dangerous concentrations happen to be diagnosed in 22 people.
• Aftershocks furthermore continue to strike the region, along with a couple of tremors of 6.2 magnitude early today.
• Millions remain with no power and drinking water, in addition to information from the problem region, suggest numerous survivors tend to be having difficulties, to obtain meals.
• International recovery groups are arriving in Japan.